Sunday 11 September 2016

A project Link Up

I am a British retired nurse & midwife that is helping to link up a Syrian extended family that is now scattered between Turkey, Athens in Greece and Germany.   All I do I report to the UNHCR here in London as an independent carer.  I am self funding with a small pension and applying for grants to keep this project going.  I care alot about the family as I have shared much with them for over a year now.  I cannot imagine life now without this project and the family.  I particularly enjoy spending time in the Athens camp where we have Boshra and her cute daughter, my Princess Leen.  Through this project I have been learning a lot and even attended committee meetings in Parliament on Syria and the refugee problems.     I hope you can help me.  One major observation I have made is that it helps to have some funds to spend with local traders in the area of the camps.  This softens the edges as it were between the camp and wider community and turns burden into benefit.  It is good for the local traders to feel valued and it is therapeutic for the refugess to have a normal family day shopping in the area.   I am now concerned again for the winter months and feel we need to prepare not only my family but the other refugees in their communities.  
Money will be used to fund shopping needs of family.. Travel expenses for me to spend time and help in the camps.  The next trip booked for 24th September I will be staying in the camp to maximise my time of help and care.  I shall be helping with the Athens UNHCR teams too.  For this I have informed the RCN and NMC on my volunteer activity.   I do hope you can help me with this project - Many thanks Marjorie BSc RN RM Cert counselling

https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes